Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bimmerfest 2012 was awesome!

Bimmerfest is the largest European car show on the East coast. They host it at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD. This was a great location. Easy to get in to and out of, hotels abound, not in a City.

Four of us decided to make the three and a half hour trip from central PA to Aberdeen. This was to be a Cannonball run. We took 2 BMW 135i's both easily capable of cruising at 155mph. There was going to need to be some preparation for this venture.

Prep: Our shopping list included performance parts, radar detectors, walkie talkies, and beer.
For more info and pictures follow the jump
BMW #1 was focusing on performance and communication. He blew his load with a JB4 piggyback ECU tune, dual cone air intake, and Berk Race axle back exhaust. 100 horsepower later he was ready to roll. He also picked up a nice set of walkie talkies so we could talk shit during the trip between cars.

BMW #2 was focusing on preventative measures. This car (maybe mine) booked a room, researched and purchased a radar detector, printed out some directions (that mostly worked), and put on an open air intake just for good measure.

The Trip: The drive to and from Aberdeen was a blast but started out badly. We hadn't even left and I got a check engine light. Damn intake. I assumed it was just the intake causing an O2 issue and decided to say what the phuck and went anyway.

There wasn't too much high speed highway time but there wasn't much traffic and we still managed to open the cars up at least a few hundred times.

The Show: Despite the massive amounts of booze the night before and the blunt rejection from two depressed girls we made it to the show on time. The drive in was a two mile long snaking grouping of beautifully showcased BMW's. Police on hand kept everything under control and I think I only saw one person get pulled over. There were seemingly endless rows of BMW's from all eras in their history. Vendors, race cars, a little bit of everything. Check out the album. We're going to try and make a yearly tradition of going to this. It was a great man-outing, nothing gay.


Bimmerfest 2012 album

4 comments:

  1. I think you’re really telling the truth when you said that Bimmerfest 2012 was awesome. Haha! Judging by the photo slideshow you have here, I could really tell they showcased a lot of magnificent cars! In fact, I couldn’t forget the bright green Lamborgini that I saw there. :))

    Nicole Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signed up an ready to go for this year! This time we know what not to do. Hopefully be rollin with 40-50 more HP by then as well. That green lambo was crazy. i wasn't a big fan of the wrap though. up close it looked really weird. i hope the 600 whp old 3 series held together by zip ties is there again, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sad when I missed this show. I had to attend to important business matters so I was able to miss the auto show. Well, I guess I have to book myself for the next auto show, and like any other auto shows in town, I’m expecting a great show again.

    + Stelle Courney +

    ReplyDelete