Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cavalier engine removal reality

AndreƩ has a new project and I decided to play photographer while I wasn't wrenching. He bought a 2000 Cavalier, factory supercharged, for 500 bucks. The motor doesn't stay running. It sounds like a rod is shot or something along those lines. He's probably going to sell off the speed parts then get a salvage yard engine. In the mean time the supercharger is going to get sold to recoup the vehicle cost. Not a bad winter beater to use so that the BMW doesn't get ruined by the nasty PA winters. I took some decent pictures and videos of the engine getting pulled out. This goes to show it isn't as easy as it looks sometimes to get an engine out of a car. Hit the jump for more pictures and a video.



And you always need beer and pizza for a job like this.



3 comments:

  1. Nice documentation! I have a couple pics I'll post up later. I like how half of the video is us messing with the radiator hose! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1968 Chevelle making a celebrity appearance

    ReplyDelete